I’ve always loved dumplings and this baked apple dumplings recipe is both tasty and simple to make which puts it right in my wheelhouse.
You might think the addition of the Mountain Dew is a bit strange but for some reason it works…just go with it.
- 2 large Granny Smith apples (peeled & cored)
- 2 x 10 oz cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 12 fl. oz can Mountain Dew
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease up and baking dish (roughly 10″ x 12″ is good).
- Cut the apples into 8 wedge segments.
- Divide the crescent dough into triangles and roll an apple wedge into each triangle of dough. Pinch together to seal the apple in.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir through the cinnamon and sugar. Pour over the top of the apple dumplings and then pour the Mountain Dew over the top as well.
- Bake for about 40 minutes – the dumplings should be a nice golden brown color.